Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What to ask your foot and ankle surgeon about bunion surgery

If you're considering bunion surgery, here are some questions to ask your foot and ankle surgeon. As a patient, you're part of the health care team. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Informed patients make informed decisions. The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons encourages you to print these questions and take them with you.

    *
      Do I need bunion surgery right now?
    *
      What happens if I wait a while?
    *
      What procedure are you recommending, and why?
    *
      What are the alternatives to surgery?
    *
      How successful is bunion surgery?
    *
      What are the risks?
    *
      Should I get a second opinion?
    *
      What is your training and experience to do this procedure?
    *
      Where will the procedure be done?
    *
      What kind of anesthesia will I need?
    *
      How long will it take me to recover?
    *
      Will my insurance cover this procedure?
    *
      How will you make sure you operate on the correct foot?

Visit Austin Podiatry to read more articles...

No comments:

Post a Comment